Low Fat Fruit and Cinnamon Granola
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup spelt flakes
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1) Pre-heat oven to 300 F
2) Combine orange juice, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring until honey has melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
3) In a large roasting pan, combine oats, spelt flakes, almonds, sunflower seeds, cranberries and raisins.
4) Pour orange juice and honey mixture over oat mixture and stir well until dry mixture is well coated with wet mixture.
5) Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
6) Remove from oven and allow to cool thoroughly.
Store in an air tight container to keep the granola crunchy.
Makes approximately 8 - 9 cups of granola.
Per serving (1/2 cup, or 125 mL)
Fat 4.2 gms
Sodium 1 mg
Carbohydrates 28 gms
- Dietary Fibre 2.9 gms
- Sugars 13 gms
Protein 3.75 gms